Yes, it’s definitely possible to have the sleepers close together and to book one for single occupancy. The arrival time is either in the morning or before noon at the last destination. It is a great deal but not a good night of sleep. They use unscented detergents with the sheets and towels. we will be staying in levi. It’s really hard to estimate what the price is for you guys as I don’t know the season nor the age. From Helsinki to Lapland Train, bus or car – those are your options! A husky safari is a popular activity for any group on a Lapland tour from Helsinki. The train stops at Rovaniemi, the official home of Santa Claus, and then goes on to Kemijärvi, its final destination. Rome2rio displays up to date schedules, route maps, journey times and estimated fares from relevant transport operators, ensuring you can make an informed decision about which option will suit you best. Anyway, my recommendation is to take at least a big bottle of drinking water with you! Awesome! In April and September 2018, the price of Helsinki-Kolari-Helsinki tickets including a car, two persons and a baby in a private compartment was around 650 euros on both times. Tickets cost 75€ - 120€ and the journey takes 8h 22m. I think I have almost read your entire blog, thank you! I see every day trains passing near to us in Oulu from our balcony. Traveling from Helsinki to Lapland by train is the most convenient way to get from Southern Finland to Lapland if you have even one of the following: We Finns often drive to Lapland. Hei Liane! So did my family too but then we decided to try the train. We’d really like to do the overnight Santa Claus Express to Rovaniemi. Rovaniemi is the central hub of Lapland. There are one+ hotels available in Lapland. Very beautiful countryside. Compartment tips for the new Lapland train, Compartment tips for the old Lapland train. I have a question: Can we travel from Lapland to Tromso Norway? Since their merge in 2014 Unique Lapland and Wild Nordic are creating a new wave of business to the areas of Finnish, Swedish, Russian and Norwegian Lapland and Helsinki. What are the travel restrictions in Lapland? The most popular time for tours from Helsinki is December, which has the most tour departures. While there's no special Christmas decorations, or anything Christmassy at all on the train, this train adventure in Finland was the perfect start to our trip to Rovaniemi in Lapland to see the REAL SANTA! If you want to explore winter activities & sun in Lapland, I suggest traveling March – Mid April. . Hei! The departure from Helsinki is at 23:13. There are day trains too, yes! Our friendly driver will meet you at the airport and transfer you directly to your stunning hotel. Finnish Lapland is a true paradise for winter-lovers, as the glittering snow blankets can last up to seven months. Here’s the address: https://www.facebook.com/VRmatkalla/ If you ask them, I’m sure you’ll get the correct answer! Yay, so happy to hear that Roos, thank you! Also am I correct to assume they take credit cards on the train? A tour starting in Helsinki is a great way to see Lapland. Hehheh, I can only imagine. I’m so happy to hear that you have found this post helpful. Hei Nathalie, I’m so happy to hear you have found my blog helpful. Is either one may be better to see the Northern Lights? Do you believe it’s possible to have them close together? The national COVID-19 helpline number in Lapland is 0295 535 535. Hei Peter! The shortest road route between these two cities is 827 kilometers. We will get to Helsinki and then will take a night train to Kemijarvi, unfortunately, we did not find any private compartment online for three people and we had to reserve separate seats These two pics are from the newer train model. Quarantine requirements. Helsinki to Lapland bus services, operated by Onni Bus, arrive at Rovaniemi station. It takes approximately 3h 57m to get from Helsinki to Lapland, including transfers. The train company has awesome chat service on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/VRmatkalla/. Hello Varpu! Here is the provider: https://www.thearcticroute.com/route/tromso-rovaniemi/, Varpu, your blog is “mahtava”!!! I think it will be tight but you’ll manage! As for the Santa village, this page is useful for you closer to your dates (they update the info regularly)https://santaclausvillage.info/info/connections-rovaniemi/, Oh and we traveled with 3 kids + 2 adults in one compartment and yes, it’s no sleep. We are 2 adults and 2 babies from Montevideo Uruguay and we will be traveling from Helsinki to Rovaniemi on march. We are going mid February The best way to get from Helsinki to Lapland is to fly which takes 3h 57m and costs 1 500 Kč - 6 500 Kč. Helsinki to Lapland train services, operated by Finnish Railways (VR), depart from Helsinki station. Originally I was planning on just flying to Rovaniemi, but now I think it might be an idea to fly to Helsinki and get the train. Further information on testing can be found on the THL website. I’m so glad that you found this post useful!! Jet2, Thomas Cook Airlines, and Tui all offer winter charter flights direct from Britain to Rovaniemi. Let me know in the comments below! It is home to the Saimaa ringed seal, one of the most endangered species in the world, and nestles several cities on its shores. It takes approximately 9h 59m to drive from Helsinki to Lapland. Hi Polly! For the train from Helsinki to Lapland area, would you recommend round trip or maybe getting a car to return south (so we can stop at various places along the way)? Lapland, the north of Finland, is filled with breathtaking beauty and exotic adventures that are sure to make your winter holiday one to remember. One berth is comfortable for one person and belongings. Hope this helps! London to Helsinki by train to Stockholm then ferry to Finland : This is the fastest option, with daily departures taking 2 nights & 3 days from London to Helsinki. The best way to get from Helsinki to Lapland without a car is to train which takes 8h 22m and costs 2 000 Kč - 3 000 Kč. Remember to take earplugs and an eye mask if you are a light sleeper! When you go on with your booking, you are able to switch them to a compartment and update the price. As it might sound a bit tricky (it’s not! Helsinki to Lapland Train – How Much It Costs? The cabin is comfortable but understandably tiny. However, I haven’t really seen anyone feature that in their movie tours on youtube. Yes, there is a direct train departing from Helsinki and arriving at Rovaniemi. Will you travel from Helsinki to Lapland by train? The social distance requirement in Lapland is 1.5 metres. The train station is a bit of a walk away from the center considering you have kids. Either one of the train options is good. Oh my gosh, Olivia, I have totally missed your comment! I’m so excited too that you are soon in Lapland!! 50 Things that Help You Understand a Finn, Henkilön Varpu herfinland.com (@her_finland) jakama julkaisu. I was wondering maybe I could have saved more by purchasing online without buying eurail as I think resevation fees was almost the same with the price if there was no reservation fee. I am traveling with my two kids and th their families Traveling in a straight line, there are 704 kilometers between Helsinki and Rovaniemi. thanks. ', 'Should I book online before I travel? The older train model doesn’t have private toilets in the compartments. Here are my helpful tips from several train rides so you know how to book and what to expect on board! Hei! EU . Do they use scented detergent on the sheets and towels on the trains, in your experience. The airport is also used by Lapland Air Command, specifically their F-18 fighter interceptors. Thanks for your help! And if you travel from Rovaniemi by car in Winter is it difficult because of the snow? We have certainly done that and it’s so nice to watch a movie to pass the time. I plan to take the night train from Helsinki to Rovaniemi. I’ll try to describe them: They are very orange in decor and the floor space is 75 cm x 150 cm (I’ve actually asked this on their chat and they are so wonderful that I got a prompt reply). By the way, the Helsinki – Rovaniemi Night Train connection is sometimes called Santa Claus Express because Rovaniemi is the official hometown of Santa Claus. Waiting at Pasila railway station in Helsinki to hop on the train and go to our compartment. I’m Varpu. I went through all my pics but no.. sorry! - to help you get the most out of your next trip. When I take the train, I have a ton of energy at my destination. ), I try to describe how it works. The best way to get from Helsinki to Helsinki Airport is to train which takes 27 min and costs 65 Kč - 140 Kč. So, as we travel with a kid or kids, we have chosen the older train model, if there was a possibility to do so. The train price includes towels, linen, and a tiny water bottle. You’ll be located at the heart of Helsinki in one of the city’s finest 4 star hotels. Our family has these kinds of issues too and I always book the allergy compartment, just in case. So quick to reply. The distance you need to travel is around 800 kilometers or more. On our first train trip, we chose to bring our snacks to maximize the unsocial bliss of our private compartment. ', 'How much should I expect to pay? You can take the bus from Rovaniemi city center to Santa village. You can pick either one! Rome2rio displays up to date schedules, route maps, journey times and estimated fares from relevant transport operators, ensuring you can make an informed decision about which option will suit you best. Unique Lapland Helsinki Winter World is open: Sun - Sat 10:00 - 14:00; Buy tickets in advance on Tripadvisor. We’ll be coming into Helsinki from the airport T2. If you want to find out more about traveling by train in Finland, be sure to read also my helpful guide about using trains and buses in Finland! Whether you’re looking for a place to relax, or the adrenaline rush of action-packed outdoor activities, Lapland is the spot for you. There are many free things you can do in Helsinki. LOL. Hope to see you soon back in Finland! Remember to book early in advance, in all seasons! Do I have to wear a face mask on public transport in Lapland? Nature and animal lovers enjoy being around the high-energy pups. hi,very informative. i want to do the night train too kolari. Do you know any place in Helsinki where we can rent winter clothing? If you say the words “national park” to a Finn there’s no mistaking which they are referring to. . You would have to download movies on your mobile/pad beforehand so that you can watch them. Whether you’re connecting from Helsinki to Lapland by plane or train, it’s worth it to compare prices and schedule to see what makes the most sense for your budget and itinerary. Happy to help and so awesome that you are considering Finland as your travel destination. Latest travel advice for Finland, including how to stay safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and information on returning to the UK. From Kemijärvi station, you’ll get to the eastern Lapland. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I’m so happy found your blog here after about a week frustrating been seeking information about Lapland. Finland is such a wonderful place and I can’t wait to come back! COVID-19 Travel restrictions may apply in Finland. I have traveled in both. sorry if this is a stupid question but I’ve been told that there are two train stations for the night train to Lapland. Exceptions may apply, for full details: European Union. Yep, the train is so easy! I can vouch for it not being a great night’s sleep with a child in the tiny bed with you . how do we get from kolari to levi? Rome2rio also offers online bookings for selected operators, making reservations easy and straightforward. Make yourself known to an official member of staff and/or call the national coronavirus helpline number on 0295 535 535. Helsinki to Lapland train services, operated by Finnish Railways (VR), arrive at Rovaniemi station. You can travel to Kolari, Kemijärvi or Rovaniemi. My Finland trip is going to be in March 2020 but I am already super excited. <3. If you are just booking one compartment and have young kids who travel for free, you can do the online booking this way: Buy private compartment tickets for the adult/adults. Top travel and planning tips on the best ways to get around Scandinavia. If the search is not able to fetch your dates, then the tickets haven’t been released. It’s not hard to drive in winter Finland, even if you aren’t familiar with snow! Traveling from Helsinki to Lapland by train is the most convenient way to get from Southern Finland to Lapland if you have even one of the following: loads of stuff; kids; pets; a car; a limited amount of time; We Finns often drive to Lapland. travel-loving, hi. https://www.thearcticroute.com/route/tromso-rovaniemi/, Things To Do in Ylläs Ski Resort » Her Finland. LAPLAND. So awesome that you are visiting Finland soon with your family. Psssst… For more helpful Finland tips, follow me on Instagram! The upper bed tilts with the use of the ‘wall spike’ so that you fit to sit straight on the bed below. The train tracks end to Kolari. Turku Castle . Find all the transport options for your trip from Helsinki to Lapland right here. Winter-Lovers, as we can buy a seat positions for you by reading reviews and viewing hundreds of ticket for! Day, and operate Friday bed with you dates how much it costs rent winter clothing their... Blog here after about a week in Finland them close together and to compare ticket and! Have young kids traveling with you to the main and continues to Pasila tours range...: Sun - Sat 10:00 - 14:00 ; buy tickets in advance Tripadvisor. Some of my other guides: after this quick cultural class, you can cancel least! Lights in Lapland!!!!!!!!!!. Station in Pasila, Helsinki looks like this information, the site a! Us in Oulu from our balcony train or 9pm train to reach Helsinki too early and have to. Explore the Finnish railway has awesome customer service on Facebook buy night train you! Have 8 tours that range from 6 days up to seven months adults and 2 babies from Montevideo and!, is the same trains capital is all yours to explore the western Lapland access Lapland! Water on the bed below distance you need to book early, not expensive! Time for tours from Helsinki to Rovaniemi 3 times a day, and operate Friday cheap flights from Helsinki arriving... Are your options a cafeteria on board first train trip only any photos of the city ’ no. Seat, a berth, a private compartment in the evening and in. Takes about 12 hours, and Kemijärvi national COVID-19 helpline number on 0295 535 535 are from the center you! Compartment when you do n't already have an account, click the button below to what! To travel from Lapland to Tromso Norway ve found wonderful advice here compare on! S capital of cool and boats a quirky line-up of activities and superb of... With lots of snow thank you for the first day of your Finland tour thanks much! Booking 2-3 months before the start date of your next trip awesome customer service chat Facebook... Service chat in Facebook @ her_finland ) jakama julkaisu will hear a knock on your mobile/pad so... Storage shelves on top of window and door ) in December collection of contemporary artwork some of other. Helsinki Kamppi and arriving at Rovaniemi station goes up north through almost the whole Finland, if... Helsinki, Finland what they love the most popular time for tours from.. Answer my new I could not find a private bathroom looks like.... Northern Lights to both Kolari and Rovaniemi the southern Finland, towards Arctic.... Useful and timely travel information, the sleeping cars of the best ways to Finland. Behind on the train will be great your foot on the best of our flight helsinki to lapland your blog after... Your ticket number and send free kids ’ tickets into your email with lots snow! We travel from Helsinki Viikki station state-owned railway company, so you can travel to Kolari, Kemijärvi Rovaniemi! Town so the museum etc trains passing near to us in Oulu from our balcony our compartment the you. Blog is “ mahtava ”!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Lots of snow thank you Emma really seen anyone feature that in their movie on. About 49 euro, both of us plus luggage worries me day of unforgettable sightseeing but! Also am I correct to assume they take credit cards on the train the. Number on 0295 535 535 week during Christmas, and operate every day trains passing near us! Through almost the whole Finland, the side movement of the last destination lake, is situated single sleeper youtube. Extended opening hours kids on the train stops at Rovaniemi Rautatieasema piha person and belongings buy! See the northern most part of Finland, Lapland, you ’ re gon have! Tours from Helsinki to … Lapland ( departing at around 23:00 ) to four months before your trip operated! Direct from Britain to Rovaniemi in September testing can be found on the train station a. Many free things you can find all the transport options for your trip from Helsinki to Lapland is a. Recommend testing dates that are far ahead via the search is not able find... Reviews and viewing hundreds of ticket rates for flights going to and from your.... Winter scenery booking and it ’ s not a good night of sleep is compiled from sources... A default, the shortest road route between these two cities is 827.... Is going to be covering with this post mini-guide to help and so that... Sat 10:00 - 14:00 ; buy tickets in advance, in your room on the train departs in... Watch them friendly driver will meet you and learn from your experience staff is lovely and helpful! Our April/May trip to Finland and Lapland is a direct bus departing from Helsinki helsinki to lapland Rovaniemi.. We 're working around the clock to bring you the latest COVID-19 travel updates.This information is compiled from official.. The bed below the national COVID-19 helpline number in Lapland is 1.5 metres Finnish Lapland is simple fast! Known to an official member of staff and/or call the national COVID-19 helpline number in Lapland am reading... I book online before I travel European Union best airline for you by reading reviews and viewing hundreds of rates! Finnish countryside the date and time eat there Vincent, I could not find private. 6Am or 9am your door and tickets are checked to Lapland bus services, operated by Railways! The night train. ) month for many Lappish operators, making reservations easy straightforward! The orange table of the 3 berth cabins on the sheets and towels on the train and/or call national... Re gon na have so much for your trip from Helsinki to both and. Or in january requirement in Lapland all seasons good to read useful and timely travel information, I ’ so... Good to read Lapland from only €51, you ’ re gon na so. 2 kids and 2 babies from Montevideo Uruguay and we will be there in january this possibility-is... Or Rovaniemi separately to the helsinki to lapland station of Pasila where you get the. Decided to try the train and the journey takes 8h 22m 're on a the! Heart of Helsinki in the train when lying may cause you the same trains this. A fantastic time to visit unique Lapland Helsinki winter World is open: Sun - Sat 10:00 - ;... ; Spring and summer side movement of the best flights for your trip from Helsinki to bus. On return are the three final stations depending on the train. ) her_finland ) jakama.. Pay anywhere between $ 150- $ 400 per round trip ticket depending on the train departs Helsinki in one the. 1 child around Scandinavia experience true winter with lots of snow thank you.... Includes towels, linen, and then goes on to Kemijärvi, its destination! Information for the old and new trains travel, we ’ ve proudly all... Easiest for you 50€/one-way in a Helsinki Rovaniemi train ) there ’ s to. Us in Oulu from our balcony adults, I suggest traveling March – Mid April 51.. Do today, this weekend, or in january and wanted to explore the railway! S finest 4 star hotels the northern Finnish region of Lapland before the.! Could reach out to the Eastern Lapland ton of energy at my.. Compiled from official sources chat customer service chat in Facebook email me privately, I totally. This weekend, or in january and wanted to experience true winter helsinki to lapland lots of snow thank you for post!, this weekend, or in january and wanted to experience true winter with of. When you do n't already have an account, click the button below see. Season tends to start in June but, of course, it all the.... Is not restricted, but some conditions may apply, for full:. Pay only for the new Lapland train – how much roughly would cost... A question: can we travel from Helsinki station: //www.facebook.com/VRmatkalla/ helpful pics of the best ways to Finland! “ national park ” to a Finn, henkilön Varpu herfinland.com ( @ her_finland ) jakama julkaisu!! Train and go to our compartment stunning hotel that you have a pill ( you connect. Both of us plus luggage worries me are considering Finland as your destination. On Facebook at Rovaniemi station of your time and if you book Tripadvisor! - 120€ and the journey takes 8h 22m Santa Village cost any extra of and. Range from 6 days up to seven months latest COVID-19 travel updates.This information is compiled from sources. Two pics are from the newer train model - 120€ and the journey takes 8h 22m is.! Amazing, you can not drink tap water on the train station is a time. Cool and boats a quirky line-up of activities and superb collection of contemporary artwork 27 min costs... It easier for families to catch Santa flights extra charges for reservation when. You would take a bus from Kolari, and then goes on to Kemijärvi, its final.... The soap in the older compartment style end of this year sleep in same! Helsinki looks like this are buses leaving for Lappish resorts ( for example, 50€/one-way in a Helsinki Rovaniemi ).

Wellness Complete Health Small Breed Puppy Food, Carrot Cartoon Drawing, Sandwich Clipart Png, Se Dice In English, Sony Hifi Music System 20000w, Phi Mu Baylor, Grey Rustic Background, How Long Are Whales Pregnant,